Information About Courses Offered
For admission to first year in each subject, as First Elective, total number of available seats will be 60.However, the number of seats in Elective II for B.A. I students will also be restricted depending upon the availability of faculty and infrastructure.
B.A. (English, Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, Geography, History, Sociology, Hindi, Sanskrit, Music & Physical Education)
B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology & Mathematics)
B.Com. , B.C.A. & Add-On Course in Computer Applications
Add-on Courses (Computer Applications)
Realising the importance of vocational courses, the college has started Certificate/Diploma/Advance Diploma in Computer Applications (Add-on courses).
Students of B.A/B.Sc/B.Com. (Only regular Students) with the minimum percentage of 50% in 10+2 Examination can join any of the above mentioned courses. Admission form can be purchased from the office.
In the first year/1st & 2nd Semester, a candidate can earn a Certificate Course, in the second year/3rd & 4th Semester a Diploma course & Third year 5th/6th Semester an Advanced Diploma course. He/She is free to complete one course or all the three courses.
An amount of Rs. 4250/- will be charged in two equal installments (First, at the time of admission Rs. 2000, and second Rs. 2250 in the month of December) for each Computer Applications (Add-on course) as annual examination fee.
More information can be had personally from the In-charge.
- An applicant who intends to seek admission in the College should apply on the prescribed form which shall be available in the College office from 16th June 2019 onwards during office hours.
- Filled in application form, complete in all respects, must be submitted in the College office latest by 18 th June, 2019 to 24 th June, 2019 before 3:00p.m.
- First list of short listed candidates shall be displayed on 25.06.2019 at 4 p.m. The selected candidates shall have to deposit the dues by the dates and time mentioned after getting their certificates verified from the committee concerned.
- An applicant who fails to deposit the dues by the prescribed date and time shall forfeit her/his right to admission in the College and the seat shall be offered to the next applicant in the merit list for which the notices shall be displayed on the College notice board accordingly. In no case shall the third waiting list be issued /considered.
- In case of a tie in selection, the candidate older in age will be given weightage.
- A candidate who wishes to apply for more than one Major subject shall have to fill in a separate form available on payment from the office.
- It is also mandatory for all the students to get library-cum-identity card issued from the library on production of fee receipt.
General Guidelines And Rules For Admission
- Fill up the application form in your OWN handwriting and get it signed by your parent/local guardian.
- Admission to various classes will be made on purely merit basis and the recommendation of the admission committee.
- Paste your latest passport size photographs at the designated place in the admission form and attach photocopies of Matric, 10+2, latest Character Certificate and SC/ST/OBC/PWSA / Single girl child and other relevant documents.
- Submit the duly filled in form in the college office by last date fixed for the submission of admission forms.
- A gap of one year or more in the academic career of an applicant must be supported by documentary evidence/ affidavit as the proof of his/her activities during the period of gap.
- The application form must be complete in all respects along with the following documents:
- Attested copy of detailed marks card of the previous examination passed. In case of non-receipt of this certificate, the applicant must attach a certificate issued by the Head of the institution last attended to this effect.
- Attested copy of matriculation / Date of birth certificate.
- Character certificate (photocopy) from the institution last attended. However, original character certificate will be required at the time of final admission.
- Three passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Applicant must produce all original certificates/documents for verification at the time of admission.
- Bring your parent or local guardian with you at the time of admission.
- Appear for counselling personally before the Admission Committee and Scrutiny Committee. A token number for payment of fee/dues will be issued to you. Pay your dues at the fee counter when your token number is called. For First semester students paying admission dues by the specified date is essential; otherwise the seat shall be offered to next candidate in the waiting list.
- Applicants coming from Boards/ Universities other than the H.P. Board of School Education/H.P. University must submit migration certificate in original.
- Specifically mention the preference of subjects you wish to opt for as your First Elective.
- Handicapped applicants seeking fee concession must furnish their status certificate from the Medical Board.
- Admission is also open to an applicant who has any degree from foreign University/Board /College which is recognized by Association of Indian Universities/ or the H.P. University.
- The college reserves the right to grant admission subject to the number of seats available and reservation as per University rules/roster.
Upper age limit:
- 23 years for boys and 25 years for girls as on July 1, 2018.
- For SC/ST candidates a relaxation of three years in age is allowed.
- Only those students will be considered for sports quota who have participated in the District/State/National level tournaments.
- The Vice-Chancellor, H.P.U., may, in exceptional cases/circumstances, to be recorded in writing, give relaxation in age up to a maximum of six months to any candidate. All such cases of age relaxation of up to six months may be granted admission provisionally by the Principal and a consolidated list of all such cases will be sent for approval of the Vice-Chancellor by 31st October of every academic year.
- Relaxation in upper age limit is also admissible to physically challenged candidates.
Choice Based Credit System(CBCS):
The H.P. University switched over from the RUSA CBCS to the UGC CBCS from the session 2016-17 with a view to improving quality of education & the employability of the students. Now a candidate shall have to undergo the prescribed courses of study in a period not less than three years or more than five academic years from the date of admission. A candidate will not be allowed more than three attempts to pass a course from the session 2018-19. Himachal Pradesh University has recommended UGC guidelines of CBCS for all colleges of the state. For more information a student can visit UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
The CBCS provides an opportunity for the students to choose courses from the prescribed courses comprising core, elective and skill based courses. The courses will be evaluated following the grading system, which is considered to be better than the conventional marking system. Therefore, it is necessary to introduce a uniform grading system in the entire higher education in India. This will benefit the students to move across institutions both within India and across countries. The uniform grading system will also enable potential employers in assessing the performance of the candidates.
Out Line Of Choice Based Credit System:
The UG (T.D.C.) Program in a college affiliated to H.P. University will comprise the following;
- Ability – Enhancement Compulsory Courses (AECC)
- Skill – Enhancement Elective Courses (SEC)
- Core Courses:
- Discipline Specific Elective Courses (DSE)
- Generic Elective Courses (GE)
- Compulsory Courses
An undergraduate program degree in Humanities / Commerce may be awarded if a student completes 4 core papers, each in two disciplines of choice, 2 core papers each in English and MIL respectively, 2 Ability Enhancement compulsory courses (AECC), minimum 4 Skill Enhancement courses) SEC, 2papers each from a list of Discipline specific Elective papers based on the two disciplines of choice selected above, respectively and two papers from the list of Generic Elective (GE) papers. BA / B.Com degree will be awarded if the student acquires 132 credits.
CCA Scheme- CCA for a student enrolled for the Academic session will account for 30% of the total marks, i.e., 100. The break up to 30%, i.e.,30 marks in given below:-.
1. One minor Test -15 marks
2. Assignments / Seminar / Class Test / Tutorials / Quiz – 10 marks
3. Attendance – 5 marks
Total – 30 marks
Classroom Attendance Incentive:
Those having greater than 75% attendance (for those participating in co-curricular activities, 25% will be added to percent of Attendance) will be awarded CCA marks as follows :-
- 75% but < 80% 1 mark
- 80% but < 85% 2 marks
- 85% but < 90% 3 marks
- 90% but < 95% 4 marks
- 95 % 5 marks
Time allowed for conducting Minor Test will be 1 hour/paper.
It will be compulsory for all the students to take the Minor Test and obtain a minimum of 45% marks.
The college offers four main scholarships to the students:
- Kalpana Chawla Scholarship for Meritorious Girl students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for EBC Students.
- IRDP Scholarship
- Maharishi Balmiki Chatraviti Yojana
- PTA Scholarship for Needy Students