NSS Programmer Officer
Achievements During my 6 Years Tenure as NSS Programme Officer
- Ten days Special Camp w.e.f. 1.2.2009 to 10.02.2009 at adopted Village Batal – The Biggest Village of Himachal Pradesh (Session 2008-2009).
- Seven days Special Camp w.e.f. 23.12.2009 to 29.12.2009 at adopted Village Batal – The Biggest Village of Himachal Pradesh (Session 2009-2010).
- Seven days Special Camp w.e.f. 3.1.2011 to 9.1.2011 at adopted Village Batal – The Biggest Village of Himachal Pradesh (Session 2010-2011).
- Seven days Special Camp w.e.f. 30.12.2011 to 05.01.2012 at adopted Village Jakholi (Session 2011-2012)
NSS Regular Activities 2018-2019
The NSS unit of the College undertook various activities under competent guidance of the Programme Officer, Dr Sunil Chauhan , and Group Leaders: Harish (boys), & Meenakshi Kanwar (girls). As per the fundamental principles of National Service Scheme, the volunteers actively participated in the following activities and reflected their service to the society without bias.
- Celebrated “ International Yoga Day ” on 21-06-2018.
- NSS volunteers participated in the “ Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Training Programme ” w.e.f. 26-06-2018 to 25-07-18.
- On 11 July 2018 NSS unit celebrated “ Van Mahotstav ” and planted trees such as ‘ Harad’ ,Bahera’ , ‘Amla’, ‘Ashwagandha’ ,Jamun’ etc.
- On 13 July 2018 the Oath taking ceremony was conducted.
- 15 days cleanliness campaign was organized w.e.f. 1-8-2018 to 15-8-2018.
- On 10 th August 2018 the NSS unit planted 200 trees in Gram Panchayat, Batal.
- International Youth Fest was celebrated on 31-8-2018 and conducted a seminar on HIV/Aids by NSS unit and Red Ribbon Club.
- A sum of ` 17,700 was donated to the Keral Relief Fund on 29-08-2018.
- On 24-9-2018 ‘ National Service Scheme Day ’ was celebrated and Fruits, Juice, etc. was distributed to patients in the civil Hospital Arki.
- National Integration Camp was organized w.e.f. 23-12-18 to 29-12-18 at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi . NSS volunteer Meenakshi Kanwar , Neha Sharma , Hrish & Saurabh Rana along with NSS Programme officer Dr. Sunil Chauhan took part.
- NSS volunteer Neha Sharma participated in the Republic Day Camp w.e.f. 1-1-19 to 31-1-19 and also took part in the Republic Day Parade on 26-1-2019 in Delhi and represented H.P. as a Contingent Commander.
- 7 day NSS Residential Camp was organized w.e.f. 01-02-19 to 07-02-2019 and the village Jakholi was adopted during this camp.
- NSS volunteers during this camp conducted various activities such as cleaned the college campus, shaped flower beds, planted 135 ornamental plants, etc. The students also performed various community services and awareness programmes.
NSS Regular Activities 2017-2018
- Observed Birth Anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October , 2017.Pledge of National Unity was administered to NSS volunteers.
- Observed “National Constitution Day” on 26th November, 2017. Preamble to the constitution was read and lecture on ideals,objective,fundamental rights and duties was delivered to the students.
- Observed “World Aids Day” on 1st December, 2017 in collaboration with Red Ribbon Club.
- Organised Blood Donation Camp on 20th December, 2017 in college campus.
- Three volunteers participated in one day workshop on AIDS Awareness at Govt. Hospital Solan on 19th January, 2018.
- Organized Educational Tour of NSS Volunteers to JalianwalaBagh and Wagah Border to inculcate spirit of Nationalism in Febrary 2018.